Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Language Difficulties...

When you are learning a new language you reach a point where you think you know enough to get by. This is the moment on which you approach the world with a new found confidence that bears no relation to the actual level of fluency that you have achieved. Here are just a couple of my recent mistakes...

1 - Waiter, could you please bring me a car door? (instead of knife - sportello v coltello)

2 - Can you please advise advise me where to buy a riding hat? I find it difficult to find one that fits because I have very big tits. (instead of head - tette v testa)

3 - Last but not least as this one is not mine but it still makes me laugh... At a family dinner, the speaker announces " I do like Italian cooking, as it is so natural and fresh, not full of condoms like English cooking". (In Italian preservativi is not used for preservatives)

http://www.samanthacollinsrome.blogspot.com/

http://www.italyitalia.com/

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god :) hahahah

    Very bad language problem.. "Can you please advise advise me where to buy a riding hat? I find it difficult to find one that fits because I have very big tits. (instead of head - tette v testa)" What to say what is said...hahah

    Thanks for sharing yaaa
    James from holidays tenerife

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Jeremy..it's a good topic you wrote. Really it's a worst problem. Some times it makes some negative sense.

    Regards
    vacances lisbonne

    ReplyDelete